All Rubber recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors, clients and visitors to site. This commitment extends to ensuring that operations do not place the local community at risk of injury, illness or property damage.
All Rubber values the environment and is committed to maintaining environmental practices in its day-to-day activities. When undertaking activities, All Rubber will implement controls to minimise any negative environmental impacts and to reduce its environmental footprint.
- Maintain, implement and continuously improving an Integrated Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental management system that complies with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and ISO 14001: 2015;
- Establish measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement;
- Understand and respond to needs and requirements of our clients;
- Compliance with legislative requirements; keep abreast of environmental laws, current industry standards, and continuously update work practices to ensure we fulfil all applicable requirements;
- Establish and promote a safe working culture;
- Commitment to eliminate hazards and reduce OH&S risks.
- Encourage proactive reporting of hazards and act to prevent injuries;
- Support and assist employees in effective injury management and rehabilitation;
- Consult with employees and other parties to improve knowledge and to ensure everyone has a chance to have their say on OH&S matters and encourage personnel to participate in quality improvement initiatives;
- Commitment to consultation and participation of workers, and where they exist, workers’ representatives.
- Continually improve environmental performance by periodically reviewing environmental objectives, targets and performance measures;
- Minimise the generation of waste through the adoption of sound waste management practices wherever practicable and ensure that unavoidable wastes are disposed of responsibly;
- Be open and responsive to any environmental concerns raised by our customers, communities and authorities;
- Provide resources and equipment to our personnel to enable them to complete the work to the required standard;
- Ensure all employees have the required skills, competencies and knowledge to do the job;
- Ensure awareness, acceptance and implementation of quality systems to our personnel, sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Deliver what we promise to our clients and on time;
- Actively seek performance feedback from our customers and address opportunities for improvement that are identified;
- Develop a culture within the organisation that things are done ‘right the first time’.
To achieve these commitments, management will:
- Demonstrate leadership in developing an effective quality assurance culture;
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others at work, and for the environment;
- Adopt the safety culture;
- Listen and act on employee contributions;
- Set the standard for The Company;
- Provide adequate resources to continually review and improve our business process.
All personnel have a responsibility to:
- Have a professional attitude and take pride in what they do.
- Willingness to learn and to share knowledge.
- Contribute to The Company culture focused on quality work, health and safety in the workplace, and minimise any negative environmental impacts.
- Follow the applicable procedures.
- Report non-conformances and complaints immediately.
Get in touch
If you’d like more information about All Rubber and the products and services we offer, contact our sales team on +61 8 9370 5577 or email email@example.com.